Sunday 7 February 2010

BUG COUNT THIS WEEK

DAY 60-61

MondayCricket in the toilet at work, not in the cubicle mind you, but floating around in the toilet bowl, didn’t spot him till I got up, so I certainly wasn’t going to fish him out then. Gave him the royal flush.

TuesdayWhite Tail spider in the washing machine, which means I actually picked him up and put him in there with the washing. Glad I was unaware of that.

Wednesday amPraying Mantis caught between the window and fly screen. I was ok about him, opened the window, and he was still crawling around outside the window when I got home from work.

Wednesday pmLittle Midgie fly things, not quite in Biblical plague proportions, but a definite swarm. Very warm evening, worked in the study with the desk lamp on, and despite the fly screen being well and truly shut, they came in in their droves. Not that they’re anything to get upset about, but they were in my hair, down my shirt, all over the desk, and the stickier I got the harder it was to dislodge them.

ThursdaySpider trekking across the doona towards me while I was reading in bed, obviously sent by his mates to remind me I was still on their list. Only a teeny little fella though, so all he got was the flick.

FridayNothing, zip, zero. Car smelt a bit weird when I went to head to town, but my zealous spraying effort paid off. No spiders, and for a whole week not even a spider web on the car. Hope the stuff lives up to its claims and keeps them away for a while.

SaturdayThings are looking up. No bugs today either.

SundayKnew it was too good to be true. Spider in the bath. Fortunately I wasn’t having one at the time. Went to have my shower, could see a black blob in the bath, but without the specs I was none the wiser. Put on specs, identified the invader, thought it was another White Tail at first but he wouldn’t stay still long enough for me to check out his backside so I squashed him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment