Sunday 24 November 2013

Tasty Little Morsels












Dehydrated mouse brains*
are not my favourite snack.
Not my type
of party food
I’m likely to
turn up my nose
and swiftly give them back.

Even if they’re salted
I cannot stand the taste
so giving me these tidbits
will only be a waste

The fact that they’ve
been extricated
from a rodent’s head
only makes them worse
you see
to know a mouse is dead
in order to provide me
with this morsel
of good health.
I’ll never touch them,
No not me
I’ll use my meagre wealth
to dine on things
deemed more nutritious
and definitely
less suspicious
than these bitter,
bumpy, crunchy lumps
which I’ll leave behind
for other chumps.

If inadvertently devoured
one’s mouth is
permanently soured.
But worse than that
I’ve come to find
these little brains
seep into yours
and infiltrate your
point of view and
unsuspecting mind.

If you don’t believe me
try if you dare
for I know you’ll succumb
to a terrible scare
when you waken
after a turbulent night
to see cats and cheese
in a whole new light.



*aka…walnuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment