Tuesday 9 March 2010

QUARTER OF THE WAY THERE

Here I am, 3 months into this little project of mine, still no clearer what I’m really doing apart from sitting here clacking away on the keyboard a lot more often than I used to. Hmm, shouldn’t finish a sentence with a proposition, sorry, preposition, I do remember that. Maybe I should have been a proof reader instead of trying to write my own stuff, I’m ok at pulling apart other people’s writing and putting it back together, seems to be a job I’m asked to do frequently.

I did take a positive step today though, enrolling for an Adult Ed course of two sessions in writing and illustrating children’s books. As the tutor is a children’s author/illustrator, and seeing as I have the rough drafts of the stories I had written for my granddaughter, it might be a step forward in getting them closer to the finished product.

By the way, the People’s Choice award for The Glover Prize was announced today, and it was no surprise Peter Gouldthorpe took it out with his oil on linen painting Gondwana Rococo, apparently an overwhelming majority choice by the public. At first glance it could easily be mistaken for a landscape photograph, such was the intricacy of the detail and brush stroke. Though an unremarkable piece of forest which could be found anywhere according to the artist, its depiction of pristine beauty in the depth of winter gives it a magical, ethereal quality. A worthy recipient.


No comments:

Post a Comment