Saturday 3 July 2010

FROZEN PEG POND

Thought I was smart when I headed out the back door to hang out the washing this morning. Having returned from previous episodes of hanging the washing out on frosty mornings with frostbitten fingers which hurt like blazes as they thaw out, I was suitably rugged up against the crisp morning complete with woolly gloves. Not the easiest thing hanging washing with gloves on, but prevention is better than cure.

I have an old plastic garden chair which sits by the clothes line, the sort with a hollow where your backside fits nice and neatly. I don’t use it as such, this is where my pegs sit, nice and handy every time I need them. However, having had some rain during the week the hollow had become a puddle, and with the overnight temperature at minus something the puddle had frozen, resulting in a solid peggy pond.

Ah well, brought it back in and hung it in front of the fire, quicker anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment