Thursday 9 September 2010

SPITTIN' CHIPS

Major interruption to walking routine and blog entries…jiggered the back for the second time this year, not a mere twinge but another excruciating episode where three of my lumbar discs decided to relocate themselves to where they’re not supposed to be. Nothing to do with my attempts at getting fitter, it usually happens doing something quite inconsequential, so I was more than a little peeved with myself as I endured the stabbing pains, shooting spasms, slithering out of bed backwards and crawling on all fours to the loo for several days before managing to get myself into an upright position. Hot water bill has probably skyrocketed with my long showers, apologies to the environment but my needs were greater I’m afraid.

It’s now the end of day 4 and I can finally sit for long enough to write a bit. Have walked and kept moving since it happened, as I find rest is about the worst thing to do, even went to work as I at least had a bench to lean on to do some paperwork, as there’s a limit to how many things you can do at home standing up.

Haven’t graduated as far as getting in and out of the car yet, impossible at this point, but here’s hoping tomorrow will bring some improvement and some form of normality.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Di!
    I have only just discovered you have a blog!
    I'll keep checking in.
    Hope you're back is getting better!
    If you're interested, my blog is now:
    http://ludicrousity.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete