Saturday 1 January 2011

GOODBYE 2010

No New Year’s Eve frivolity for me I’m afraid, have long since passed the desire to party on, though I must admit I do like a decent fireworks display. Watching it on the box is one thing, which I can’t even be bothered doing this year, you really have to be there to appreciate it. In a big crowd especially somewhere like Sydney Harbour it’s easy to get caught up in the atmosphere as the noise, the smell, and the oohs and aahs as the sky explodes and lights up carry you along until the seemingly magical stroke of midnight.

Our community celebrated with dinner on the village green for all comers and activities for the kids before retiring to the Chalet Lounge for drinks and nibbles and fireworks watching, but all I could manage after a very long work day was watching the bands strut their stuff at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, a movie, then to bed with a book. Bit of a party pooper this year.

It’s been a busy week, a busy month, a long year, a long decade.

Will definitely be in the Land of Nod before the New Year arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment