Tuesday 14 December 2010

NOT HAPPY JAN!!

Well, if I was a horse someone would probably take me out the back and shoot me to put me out of my misery. After four years of managing my lower back injury without a major incident (which dates back 26 years), I’m in the middle of my third excruciating episode for the year. In May I got a plate out of the cupboard and off it went, in September I leaned down to put the vacuum cleaner together, and on Sunday I was putting on my jeans getting ready to go out with some friends for a pre Christmas lunch which I was really looking forward to.

Doesn’t have to be anything out of the ordinary to set it off, but when it happens I end up on the floor in a heap of screaming agony. Suffice to say the lunch date went ahead without me, and since then I’ve been keeping as mobile as possible to prevent my body from seizing up completely. Doesn't help to lie down and rest, as it ain’t exactly much fun dragging yourself to the loo because you can’t even crawl, so now I’m at the end of day 3 here’s hoping things will start to improve.

An MRI is now on the cards to see if it can tell us anything we don’t already know. Have even found putting in a few hours at work easier than staying home, as there are very few things you can occupy yourself with at home standing up, besides the dishes and flipping around the feather duster. At least at work I can lean on the bench and do some paper shuffling, keep moving, spend five minutes at a time at the computer and feel somewhat useful.

So, I’m off for a soft shoe shuffle round the block before dinner. Bedtime is looking inviting, though the getting out part in the morning is the worst and not the brightest part of the day. Ho hum, the joys of getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment