Tuesday 14 June 2011

A WEEK IS A LONG TIME IN FOOTBALL....TIPPING

It’s not every day when you’re in the midst of competing against others for a coveted prize, recognition of your ability or simply the personal satisfaction of achieving better than usual results, that you manage to move up 13,352 places in the space of one week.

With a perfect 8 out of 8 for my AFL footy tipping this past weekend, my monumental leap up the scoring ladder resulted in my being ensconced in position 79,314 overall, which might sound like a bit of a shocker, but seeing as there are 168,745 tipsters participating in the official AFL tipping competition, at least I’m in the top half.

Here we are, half way through the footy season, and I must regretfully confess to tipping against my beloved Doggies who seem to have lost their woof and inherited a definite whimper at the moment. My fortunes in tipping usually correspond to how well or how badly they are doing, for each week I peruse the fixture, say ‘Yeah, it’s possible,’ and bravely tick their box. Well, my jump up the ladder this week is courtesy of my shameful and disloyal behaviour, but that’s footy tipping for you.

1 comment: