Sunday 12 February 2012

A Glimmer of Hope

Yay, progress at last, albeit very minor. Managed to graduate to getting out of bed by deftly lowering the legs over the side and powering up the abdominals to get me in an upright position, rather than slithering out backwards on my stomach and walking on my knees to the nearest vantage point to pull myself up. No mean feat as I don’t actually have much upper body strength to even lift myself into a sitting position, will have to consider weight lifting or something.

Now that I’m able to dress myself once more, have the whole showering and dressing process down from an hour and a half to an hour, quite an achievement I thought even if I still can’t dry the bottom half of me. Who knows, maybe by the end of another week or so I’ll actually be able to shave my hairy legs and cut my toenails.

So, equipped with this new measure of hope, the very first attempts at physio were gingerly conducted on the lounge room floor. Not exactly easy, but baby steps are better than no steps at all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Di! You sound like you are getting over a huge set back. Sorry I haven't kept up with your comings and goings. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete