Thursday 21 March 2013

The Spider & the Fly


Amazing the silly things I can get up to on a rainy day when I don't have to go to work. The immortalised spider and fly greeted me as I went to do the dishes the other night so I just had to respond in some way.

The Spider and the Fly

She’s coming right toward us
Said the spider to the fly
I think she means to kill us
I really don’t know why

We wouldn’t even be here
If the door had been shut tight
We were happy on the outside
But attracted to the light

We had to sneak our way inside
To check out if our mates
Had also come this way before
And here had met their fate

Whoever had gone in this house
Had never once returned
We thought they’d stayed to have some fun
But now my stomach churned

Hey fly you’ll have to help me
I’m all exposed out here
She’s coming at me with a stick
I’m downright froze with fear

I’ll head her off so you can run
Across the window ledge
I’ll hover here just out of reach
And then we’ll have the edge

I’ll land on all her dishes
Spread on the kitchen sink
Then buzz around her fuzzy head
Now that will make her blink

Oh dear, the room has all gone dark
Quick, make your getaway
But look, another light is on
Showing me the way

Do I dare to go towards the light
My mind is full of doubt
The lady with the stick might come
But I do want to get out

Nothing ventured, nothing gained
Is what my Mum once said
So here I go with trembling heart
Hope I don’t end up dead

Now this light’s gone, I’m in the dark
What has she done this for?
But now a new light beckons me
And look, an open door

She wasn’t trying to kill me
I knew it all along
She gave me back my freedom
Oh I do feel big and strong

Just wait till I go back and tell
The story of this night
When courage won out over fear
With the help of a little light






No comments:

Post a Comment