Saturday 28 August 2010

ALL LOCKED UP

Yay…I did it myself. The front door lock is replaced, I can now open it from the inside as well as the outside, took me about 40 minutes all up, not bad for a novice ‘not very’ handy type person. Getting it apart was simple, but then had to go out to the shed and get the drill as the holes for the new one weren’t quite in the same place as the old one.

Managed that ok, put it all together then couldn’t get the key out of the lock. The little doo hickey that slots into the whatsit was the wrong way round wasn’t it, so had to unscrew it all, turn it round, put it all back together again, then hey presto out came the key. As you can see from the pic the left bit doesn’t line up 100% with the right bit, but I did the best I could with the section chiseled out of the door jamb from the last striker.

Procrastination definitely slows me down at times. The job itself wasn’t difficult, but believing I’d be able to do it, that’s usually the hard bit. I wonder how many other, more important things there are I put off doing, simply because facing them seems like a mountain way too high to climb. More often than not, it’s our relationships which suffer because we don’t bite the bullet and make the first move toward resolving whatever is the issue. A simple ‘sorry’ can work wonders, a word of encouragement, a compliment, ‘thank you’, a card or letter or email if face to face is too scary, it really doesn’t have to be that hard.

Ok, one job down, what’s next on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment