Monday 30 August 2010

INTRICATE BEAUTY





Woke up late but still headed out for a brisk morning walk, and I was well and truly rewarded for my effort. Both the mountain and the valley were obscured from view as the village huddled in its cold, damp blanket of fog, and early visitors told us it was just us, the sun was shining everywhere else. The chilly start brought with it a heavy dew which revealed something rather beautiful.

If you’ve read any of my early entries you’ll know I’m not overly fond of spiders, but a dew drop laden spider’s web, I marvel at such a sight. What the spider weaves as a matter of course becomes something quite magical, the droplets sparkling like a string of tiny diamonds or pearls.

Wonderful how what is ordinary can become quite extraordinary with just a light touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment