Saturday 16 January 2010

CHRISTMAS ALL OVER AGAIN





DEC 27 '09 - DAY 20
Farewelled my friends who have gone to spend a few nights in the jail cell accommodation on Maria Island before heading home to Queensland. Hope they're allowed to lock the door from the inside.

Packed up the car for the hour drive to Glen and Mel's house to have our family Christmas, complete with cricket in the backyard after a pitch was mowed to make it possible, more good food, keeping wrapping paper away from the little bloke so he wouldn't eat it, watching with delight to see Bella's reaction as she unwrapped her dinosaur from Uncle Kris & Auntie Biz. Was a big hit, she even took it to bed.

I'm champing at the bit as I was surprised with the gift of a wireless broadband kit, can't wait for Biz to come round to help me set it up, afraid I'm a little too technologically challenged to attempt it myself. Have been struggling along with dial up, which when I first connected back in 2002 sufficed ok, but is now virtually useless. I'm so looking forward to heading out into the stratosphere instead of lingering on the ground floor. I won't have to connect, go and cook dinner, come back to move from home page to where I want to go, go and eat dinner, come back to open something at the location I went to, that is if it hasn't dropped out already, go and wash the dishes, come back to go to next page, go and make a cuppa, come back, you get the drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment