Thursday 14 January 2010

THE END IS IN SIGHT, CAN I NOW BEGIN?

DEC 15 '09 DAY 8
Still at home, still lethargic, though I think I am over the worst of it at last, but have now progressed to the drowning in the draining sinuses and choking on the gunge stage. How does your head manufacture all this stuff? There is obviously a medical explanation for it all, but that's little comfort in the midst of a mucus attack.

Watched the midday movie again, where on earth do the networks dredge these movies up from in the lead up to Christmas. I'm a sucker for a good Christmas movie, emphasis on good, something like Noel with Susan Sarandon, which not only portrays the usual fare of families getting together, but also shows the reality of what for many is a disconnectedness with other people at this time of year, turning the Christmas and New Year period into one of loneliness and despair.

Put up the Christmas tree, took me all of ten minutes. Mind you, it is only 30 cm high, so one strand of tinsel, seven bells and a star on top complete my big effort. I've never been big on decorations, but with friends complete with kids coming from interstate this year, thought I'd better jollify the place. More cards have arrived, climb on the dining room table to put up an extra line of string above the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment