Monday 25 January 2010

A SUPER SENIOR MOMENT

DAY 49

Unbelievable. What was lost has now been found. Funny how when you’re looking for something it mysteriously turns up when you’re looking for something else. Headed into the cupboard under the laundry trough to get something out, had to drag out the bag of cleanings rags to get at it, and there’s this other bag in there which I assumed was another bag of rags, but no, it’s the clothes I’ve been missing since the end of October it turns out, as that was the last time I stayed overnight anywhere and would have brought home a bag of washing.

Now, in my defence I’m going to go down the same road as scores of politicians who have found themselves on the wrong end of sticky questions which may bring their character and judgment into question. I have no recollection Your Honour of the event, or of how the item in question came to be in its current position.

Not only were the track pants, shirt and cargo pants I knew were gone found in the bag, but there were T shirts, a windcheater and various bits of underwear too. I obviously don’t wear them enough to miss them, but I’m mystified how they ended up in such an obscure place. I can only plead ignorance and put it down to a ‘senior’ moment, a handy excuse for all manner of things inexplicable.

Had a teenage girl doing Business Studies and work experience in our office during last year. She did pretty well mostly, but in those moments when things didn’t go quite as planned she’d chastise herself with “Oh, I’m so blond!” Encouraging to know the younger generation have their own version of ‘senior’ moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment