Sunday 31 January 2010

TOLD YOU THEY WERE OUT TO GET ME

DAY 55
What is it with Huntsman spiders at the moment. I’ve seen more in the last few weeks than I’ve seen in the last few years. Pulled up at a red light yesterday, and have come to the conclusion this victimised group of arachnids still have me in their sights and are determined to take me unawares at the most inopportune moments. Trekking across the driver’s side window was yet another unwelcome visitation from one of these critters. Fortunately it was on the outside so I managed to stay calm and not run into anyone, but when I arrived at my next port of call I wasn’t sure whether to leap out of the car with great bravado or climb over to the passenger side and get out that way.

Alighted as quickly as possible, found the critter trying to make himself look smaller by cringing just inside the door, took a swipe at him but he sped off at a great rate of knots before I could even have a second go. The shop staff loaned me some surface spray which I applied liberally, and with great courage I continued my journey to my final destination whereupon my son blasted the car with his high pressure hose, getting into every nook and cranny in the hope of dislodging him or drowning him, or both.

Sprayed another half can of surface spray inside and outside the car when I got home in the hope they get the message……”YOU ARE NOT WELCOME!”

For more recent hairy legged sightings check out the Hairy Beast and Insect Grapevine previous postings. Here's hoping this will be the last entry on that subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment