Saturday 16 January 2010

TIS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

DEC 24 '09 - DAY 17
No rest for the wicked, or anyone else for that matter. More computer work, more paper shuffling, catch up with my friends who arrived last night and are staying in a holiday house around the corner, and manage to head for town by 1 o'clock for the all important purpose of acquiring those last minute gifts for those not yet covered, oh and then there's still the groceries to buy as well.

Six hours later and I'm back home, not bad if I say so myself, seeing as an hour and a half of that was spent in the car going there and back, half an hour doing work stuff, and a coffee in the middle of it to fire me up for the final onslaught. All bases are now covered, everyone is accounted for, but not before the interesting moment in the ABC Shop where I ran into my son and daughter in law while looking for her present, which I knew I probably wouldn't find anywhere else.

Yes, they had the one and only copy of Dr Who's Brain of Morbius left in the whole of Launceston, now, how to acquire it and conceal it without looking like I'm shoplifting and make it to the counter and out of the shop before she sees it. Ran into them again an hour later in another bookshop, if I had my way I'd give everyone books as gifts, they are my one weakness.

Had dinner and a great catch up with my friends who I haven't spent time with for five years since I was last in Queensland. I love that about friends who you can simply be yourself with, and just pick up from where you left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment